01 May 2009

Substance Information Exchange Fora (SIEFs) for petroleum substances

Like all other chemical substances that are manufacture  in, or imported into, the European Economic Area (EEA), either as such or in preparations or, under certain circumstances, in articles, petroleum substances will have to be registered with the European Chemical Agency (ECHA) under the REACH Regulation1.

While registration is an obligation for each individual legal entity that manufactures or imports a substance in or into the EEA, REACH makes collaboration mandatory between all registrants during the preparation of registration dossiers as well as during registration.