Facilitation of Substance Information Exchange Fora (SIEFs)
Concawe has volunteered as the SIEF Formation Facilitator for all petroleum substances that require registration and for Sulphur. Concawe intends to continue this role until the final registration deadline in 2018 and continue to provide a similar function beyond the last REACH registration deadline.
Concawe in its role as SIEF Formation Facilitator:
- Has provided a SIEF communication tool.
- Has collected relevant and reliable substance data from registrants and other data holders
- Has initiated additional testing when necessary.
- Has identified a Lead Registrant for each petroleum substance and sulphur (for most petroleum substances Concawe member companies have acted as Lead Registrants).
- In the subject line: Request for link to the Web Ordering Tool
- In the content section: Request receiving the link to your web ordering page clearly stating:
- your Legal Entity Name as indicated in REACH IT
- the UUID number of your Legal Entity in REACH-IT,
- your e-mail contact,
- the pre-registration number or inquiry (s),
- the CAS number and EC numbers of the substance you intend to register,
- the type of registration i.e. full substance or intermediate under strictly controlled conditions (REACH Arts. 17 & 18),
- the tonnage band in tons per annum 1-10, 10-100, 100-1000 > 1000,
- the registration deadline corresponding to the type of registration and tonnage band.
The licence that you will purchase provides you access to the data required for registration.
Please note, the purchase of the licence from Concawe does not automatically result in a valid REACH registration. According to the REAH regulation, the owner of the licence (the licensee) is required to register himself the substance(s) in the registration tool of the European Chemical Agency (ECHA) and pay the associated registration fee.